The Winthrop Town Clerk administers elections, registers voters, issues business licenses, ensures access to Town records, and fulfills ceremonial/official responsibilities. The Town Clerk also acts as the compliance officer for Federal, State and local statutes.
The Town Clerk's Office is responsible for the following duties:
- Administering Oaths of Office to policemen and members of Boards and Commissions.
- Preparation and distribution of notification to proper authorities with regard to Annexations.
- Filing of the Treasurer’s Report and Tax Levy and Abatements.
- Municipal Code questions.
- Elections Duties: prepares and accepts Nominating Petitions, and Certification of the ballot to the State of Maine.
- Notary Public Services are provided for Winthrop residents at $5.00 per request.
|Meredith White||Deputy Clerk||Ext. 6000|
|Sarah Quimby||Town Clerk, Notary Public||Ext 6001|