FIREWORKS IN WINTHROP
No person shall sell, possess with the intent to sell, or offer for sale consumer fireworks within the Town of Winthrop
Fireworks Use for Winthrop (also review actual ordinance link @bottom of page.)
Consumer fireworks may be used during the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m., except that on the following days they may be used between the hours of 9 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. the following day: (1) July 4th; (2) December 31st; and (3) the Saturday and Sunday immediately before and after July 4th and December 31st.
A person may use consumer fireworks only on that person’s property or on the property of a person who has consented to the use on that property.
- A person shall not use consumer fireworks if the forest fire danger is Class “3” or greater, as determined by the Department of Conservation, Maine Forest Service
- Consumer fireworks shall not be used within 100 feet of any combustible structure or within 50 feet of overhead power lines.
- Spectators shall be no closer than 75 feet from the discharge point of consumer fireworks.
- It shall be unlawful for any person using consumer fireworks to consume alcohol, be under the influence of alcohol or be otherwise impaired while using consumer fireworks.
- Means to extinguish spot fires resulting from the use of consumer fireworks must be available, including but not limited to, fire extinguishers and garden hoses. Access to 9-1-1 by land or mobile telephone also must be available during use of consumer fireworks.
$200 for first violation and $1000 for second with six years
Class day is posted at 8:30 am everyday on Town’s website
FIREWORKS IN MAINE
- A person may not sell consumer fireworks within the State unless that person holds a valid license or is an employee or agent of a person that holds a valid license.
- A person licensed to sell consumer fireworks under this chapter may not sell consumer fireworks to a person under 21 years of age or who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- A person may not:
- Procure, or in any way aid or assist in procuring, furnish, give, sell or deliver consumer fireworks for or to a person under 21 years of age
- Allow a person under 21 years of age under that person’s control or in a place under that person’s control to possess or use consumer fireworks.
- A person under 21 years of age may not purchase, use or possess consumer fireworks within the State or present to a person licensed to sell consumer fireworks any evidence that is false or fraudulent or not their own for the purpose of purchasing fireworks.
Section A, B & C is at least a $500 violation and $1000 for second within six years
Section D is at least a $200 violation and $300 second time